HQ is proud to offer classes in person and online.
Valentine Stretch Classes for Couples
Join us for stretching and fun with your valentine. This interactive class will have you and your partner stretching together. The paired stretches will be offered for beginner and intermediate level.
Finish off the class with some chocolates.
Class led by certified group exercise instructor and registered massage therapist.
Buy your tickets for Feb 14 - here
Buy your tickets for Feb 21 - here
Injury Prevention Class for Runners
Monday nights 615-715PM runners are welcome to come and learn how to make running a part of their life for the long haul while staying healthy and getting stronger. The course is led by our Registered Massage Therapist, Larissa, who is also triathlon coach and a 3x Ironman finisher. Participants can expect to work a little and unwind a little. The course will cover strengthening, stretching and recovery based activities. Please come in light workout clothes/shoes, a foam roller and bring a yoga mat.
Courses can be purchased as a 6 week block or individually
Next block Jan 8th start - $50+HST or $95+HST including a foam roller
Individual classes - $10+HST
Reserve your spot by phone 905.632.0462
Fueling your Performance
This course is all about how to turn your food into fuel for the benefit of athletic performance. Athletes of all ages are invited to learn from the comfort of your own home through your computer/phone/tablet.
Live participation is closed at this time. Recordings are available and handouts are included.
Course registration OPEN NOW - click here
- Understanding food choice, the why of what we eat
- How is sport nutrition different
- Hydration and electrolyte balancing
- Physiology of how food becomes energy - Energy Metabolism
- Introduction to the macronutrients; carbohydrates, fats & protein
- How to estimate energy expenditure - Calorie Needs
- All about carbohydrates and their different types
- Understanding glycogen
- Protein needs and types
- Fat; the good, the bad and the ulgy
- Nutrient Timing
- Building off knowing what to eat a focus on when to eat it
- Keeping the gut happy for performance
- Targeted Performance Enhancers
- Key vitamins and minerals of concern
- Sport supplements efficacy